This article will give you an overview of the "Explore the Map" page on www.gaiagps.com. It will show you how to access map controls and where to find your user profile and Saved items.
Map Controls and Search - left side
- Search Bar: Search for trails, places, or Points of Interest (POI).
- You can also search by coordinates: Using coordinates to search and create waypoints
- Zoom icons: (+) and (-) symbols zoom in and out from the center of the map
- Current location: Center the map on your current location
- Layers Menu: Change map sources and Overlays
- Saved Items Show or Hide Your Saved Data on the Map on gaiagps.com
- Map Preferences: Change displayed units and coordinate formats
- Print: (Available with a Membership or Premium Membership)
- Create Waypoint: Place a waypoint on the map
- Create Route: Create a route
- Create Area
User Profile and Notifications - upper right corner
1. Click the drop-down arrow to the right of your user profile name to access Saved items by type (e.g., tracks, waypoints, etc) and to view your profile, subscription, and other settings.
2. Click the bell left of your user profile name to view notifications.