You can save a PDF of a map from gaiagps.com and print it out on your printer at home or at a print center. This option is available the details page for a track, route, waypoint or folder or from the main map.
Please note: Printing can only be done from the website, www.gaiagps.com. Printing is not currently available in the mobile app.
Print a PDF from the Main Map
1) From the main map, zoom into the area you would like to print
2) If desired, change the map layer: Add and Manage Map Sources on gaiagps.com
3) If desired, show or hide tracks, routes, waypoints, or gridlines: Show or Hide Your Saved Data on the Map on gaiagps.com
4) Click the Print icon and follow the steps below to fine-tune the PDF
Creating a PDF of Tracks, Routes, Waypoints, or Saved Maps
1) To print, just one item, go to the details screen for that item. Click the profile icon in the top right corner of the map > select the item type (Tracks, Waypoints, etc.) > select the item from the list.
2) Select the Printer icon
3) Follow the steps below to fine-tune the map
Fine-Tune the Map Image
1) Adjust the map center and printing options
- Map Center: Drag and drop the map so that the area you want to print is within the page boundaries
- Zoom: Scroll in and out with the mouse hovering on the print area to adjust the zoom. You can also double click the map to zoom.
- Printing Options:
- Paper size:
- A2 (16.5 x 23.4 in)
- A3 (11.7 x 16.5 in)
- A4 (8.3 x 11.7 in)
- Tabloid (11 x 17 in)
- Legal (8.5 x 14 in)
- Letter (8.5 x 11 in)
- Show Compass: add a compass rose and declination to your map
2) Select "Export PDF" to save the image to your desktop or device.
3) Locate the PDF on your computer and print it. Typically it will be saved to the Downloads folder or the Desktop, but individual settings may vary.
Not sure which version of gaiagps.com you are using but mine looks nothing like yours. Also why can't you print larger than A3 size?
Sorry about that, the video is a bit out of date and the screenshots show the details pages for tracks instead of the main map. I'll make a note to get them updated.
We found that sizes over A3 did not display properly in a web browser. For now, you could save your map as a PDF from the print screen so that you can print larger sizes from your desktop.
If you would like to see more print sizes added in the future, please feel free to open a feature request here: https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/115000386567-gaiagps-com-Feature-Requests.
Is there a way to change the point at which details disappear? Either I zoom in enough to actually see the small roads in which case a normal letter sized page only displays ~1mile, or if I zoom out enough to see a usable/reasonable size of track, at which point it's pointless because I can't see any roads and the track get's blocky.
Currently, there is not a way to adjust the level of details displayed at each zoom level. Sorry about that.
However, adjusting the zoom level setting for your browser may produce the results you are looking for.
If you will let me know the map source you are using, I can take a closer look.
I'm not able to adjust the print frame (zoom, map center, etc.) before printing. As a result, I cannot print a useful map. I have tried different computers (PC and Mac), along with different browsers. I think this may be a bug.
Printing is broken. Latest site prints the site header (including login account) which wastes a lot of space on paper - please address!!!
Thanks for posting.
The printing issues on gaiagps.com have been fixed and I apologize for this inconvenience this caused.
Please let me know if you have any other issues while printing from gaiagps.com.
Problem is fixed - Thank you Nathan.
Article is closed for comments.