This article will show you how to record a track and resume recording a track that was previously recorded. You can record a track from the stats bar or from the Trip page. After recording a track, follow these steps to view your trip's stats like distance and elevation: iOS/ Android.
Record Track from Map Screen
1. Tap the record icon in the stats bar at the top of the screen
Record, Pause, Delete a Track
- Tap the record icon
Screenshot is from Android app. iOS app is very similar.
- The timer will start to indicate you are actively recording a track
In Android, after you tap the record icon to start recording a track, you can select an activity for your track from the activity menu. You can change the activity later if needed:
- To stop recording, tap the track timer as seen below.
- You will have the option to Pause Recording, Finish Track, or Delete Track
- Select "Finish Track" to save a track
- This will take you directly to the Track Details screen so you can view or edit your new track.
- From this screen, you can rename the track, change the color, and choose an activity for the track.
- Tap Save to save your track.
Record Track from Trip Screen
- Tap the Trip icon in the bottom control bar
- Tap Record
The Record button will turn into a track timer.
In Android, after you tap record, an activity menu will appear to select an activity for your track recording. You can change the activity later if needed.
- From the Trip screen, you can also rename your track by tapping the auto-generated name and typing in a new name.
3. To stop recording, tap on the track timer.
4. Select Finish Track from the pop-up screen.
Resume a Finished Track