This article includes an overview of these features found on the Main Map screen.
- Record - Record a track
- Full Screen Mode - Hide the bottom menu icons to view the map on the full-screen
- 3D Mode - Using 3D Maps on the Android App
- Locate Icon - Locate and follow yourself
- Map Layers - Change the map layer displayed on the main map
- Map Info - Tap the "i" to access the legend and other map information for the current layers
- Map - Show the main map if you are on another tab
- Trip - Shows current stats and you have the option to record a track, take a picture, and check your GPS status
- Discover - Find hikes, trails, trailheads, and places (POIs)
- Saved - View your saved tracks, routes, waypoints, folders, and maps
- Settings - View help center articles, subscription information, force a sync with your web account, change units, manage map controls, and more
Create - Create an area, create a route, take a picture, and add a waypoint
Method 1: Pinch
To zoom in: place two fingers close together on the map screen and slide them apart
To zoom out: place two fingers apart on the map screen, and slide them together
Method 2: Tap
To zoom in: double-tap the map with one finger
To zoom out: single-tap the map with two fingers.
Tap anywhere on the screen. The following information will be displayed in the tap drawer:
- Elevation of the marked location
- Latitude and longitude of the marked location
- Weather at the marked location
- A list of nearby saved items such as waypoints, tracks, and routes. Tap the item to view more details.
- A list of points of interest near the marked location
Swipe up to view the entire drawer
From the tap drawer, you can also:
- Save the marked location as a new waypoint
- Create a route from the marked location
- Easily share your coordinates
- Turn on Guide Me for directions to the marked location
- Create an area
- Download a map
Turn off the Tap Drawer
To turn off the tap drawer and have the app display an info bubble instead, tap Settings > Map Controls > Tap action and choose "Show info bubble."
Tapping on Saved Items
You can tap directly on saved items like waypoints, tracks, and routes to see options like edit, share, Guide Me, export, and change color.