This article will give you an overview of the features found on the Main Map screen.
- Record- Record a track
- Full-Screen Mode - Hide the bottom menu icons to view the map on the full-screen
- Locate Icon - Locate and follow yourself
- Map Layers - Change the map layer displayed on the main map
- Map Info - Tap the "i" to access the legend and other map information for the current layers
- Map - Show the main map if you are on another tab
- Trip - Shows current stats and you have the option to record a track, take a picture, and check your GPS status
- Search - Find hikes, trails, trailheads, and places (POIs). You can also search for a place by entering coordinates
- Saved - View your saved tracks, routes, waypoints, folders, and maps
- Settings - View help center articles, subscription information, force a sync with your web account, change units, manage map controls, and more
Create - Create an area, create a route, take a picture, and add a waypoint
Method 1: Pinch
To zoom in: place two fingers close together on the map screen and slide them apart
To zoom out: place two fingers apart on the map screen, and slide them together
Method 2: Tap
To zoom in: double-tap the map with one finger
To zoom out: single-tap the map with two fingers.
Method 3: Tap and Drag
To zoom in: Double-tap the map and hold with one finger. Then slide towards the bottom of the screen
To zoom out: Double-tap the map and hold with one finger. Then slide towards the top of the screen
Tap anywhere on the screen. The following information will be displayed in the tap drawer:
- Elevation of the marked location
- Distance and bearing of the marked location in relation to your current location
- Latitude and longitude of the marked location
- A list of saved items such as waypoints, tracks, and routes. Tap the item to view more details.
- A list of points of interest near the marked location: parks, trailheads, trails, and lakes.
Swipe up to view the entire drawer
From the tap drawer, you can also:
- Save the marked location as a new waypoint
- Create a route to the marked location from your current location
- Easily share your coordinates
- Turn on Guide Me for directions to the marked location
- Create an area
- Download a map
Tapping on Saved Items
You can tap near saved items like waypoints, tracks, and routes to see them in the tap drawer.
Tap on the circle with the three dots icon next to a saved item to quickly change the color, share the item, file it into a folder, or delete it.
Tap on the circle arrow icon next to a saved item to view the saved item details and edit options. Tap 'More' to see more options like Guide Me, Driving Directions and Delete.