You can create a waypoint with known coordinates in the following formats:
- Decimal Degrees (lat/long): 42.15170, -122.50923
- Degrees, minutes, seconds: 44°04'28.8"N 121°30'19.3"W
- UTM: 10T 645965 4865969
- MGRS: 10TFP4596565969 (note: make sure to remove spaces when using MGRS coordinates)
After you create a waypoint, it will display on the website in decimal degrees. You can view your waypoints in your desired coordinate type in the app by following the steps at the bottom of this article.
- Type or paste in your coordinates into the search bar.
- The search results will appear in decimal degrees format. Click the search results.
- A temporary waypoint will appear on the map, marking the location. Click the waypoint to save.
Display waypoints in different coordinates types:
You can view different coordinate types in the app.
- Backup/sync your account in the app (iOS / Android)
- Tap Settings> Units> Coordinate Type
- Then follow these steps to view your saved waypoints information (iOS/ Android)