This article will give you an overview of the features found on the Main Map screen.
Video features the iOS app. The Android app may look slightly different.
- Search - Accepts names of Points of Interests, trails, and waypoint coordinates.
- Full Screen Mode / Map Display Options - Tap to switch the main map into full screen mode. Long press to toggle on/off the control bars, stats bar, compass, rotation lock, and lock screen
- Crosshairs - Locate and follow yourself
- Create - Record a track, add a waypoint, create a route, download a map, take a picture, import a file.
- Map Sources - Change the map source displayed on the main map. iOS / Android
- Trip - Shows current stats and you have the option to record a track, take a picture, and check your GPS status.
- Discover - Find hikes, trails, and POIs.
- Saved - View your saved tracks, routes, waypoints, folders, and maps.
- Settings - View help center articles, subscription information, force a sync with your web account, change units, manage map controls, and more.
Method 1: Pinch
To zoom in: place two fingers close together on the map screen and slide them apart
To zoom out: place two fingers apart on the map screen, and slide them together
Method 2: Tap
To zoom in: double tap the map with one finger
To zoom out: single tap the map with two fingers.
Method 3: Tap and Drag
To zoom in: Double tap the map and hold with one finger. Then slide towards the bottom of the screen
To zoom out: Double tap the map and hold with one finger. Then slide towards the top of the screen
On iOS, tapping the screen will mark a location on the map. The following information will display in the tap drawer:
- Elevation of the marked location
- Distance and bearing of the marked location in relation to your current location
- Latitude and longitude of the marked location
- A list of saved items such as waypoints, tracks, and routes. Tap the item to view more details.
- A list of points of interest near the marked location: parks, trailheads, trails, and lakes.
Swipe up to view the entire drawer
From the tap drawer, you can also save the marked location as a new waypoint, route to the marked location, and easily share your coordinates.