This article will give you an overview of the features found on the Main Map screen.
Video features the iOS app. The Android app may look slightly different.
- Search - Accepts names of Points of Interests, trails, and waypoint coordinates.
- Full Screen Mode / Map Display Options - Tap to switch the main map into full screen mode. Long press to toggle on/off the control bars, stats bar, compass, rotation lock, and lock screen
- Crosshairs - Locate and follow yourself iOS / Android
- Create - Record a track, add a waypoint, create a route, download a map, take a picture, import a file.
- Layers - Change the map displayed on the main map list and view different overlays of data. iOS / Android
- Trip - Shows current stats and you have the option to record a track, take a picture, and check your GPS status.
- Discover - Find hikes, trials and POIs. iOS / Android
- Saved - View your saved tracks, routes, waypoints, folders, and maps.
- Settings - View help center articles, subscription information, force a sync with your web account, change units, manage map controls, and more.
Method 1: Pinch
To zoom in: place two fingers close together on the map screen and slide them apart
To zoom out: place two fingers apart on the map screen, and slide them together
Method 2: Tap
To zoom in: double tap the map with one finger
To zoom out: single tap the map with two fingers.
Method 3: Tap and Drag
To zoom in: Double tap the map and hold with one finger. Then slide towards the bottom of the screen
To zoom out: Double tap the map and hold with one finger. Then slide towards the top of the screen