Use Mapbox Studio to import many kinds of maps/data.
Note that Gaia GPS can import GPX files and simple KML files directly, but Mapbox Studio will also let you bring in more data and geo-referenced images types like MBTiles, KML, GPX, GeoJSON, Shapefile (zipped), CSV, or GeoTiff.
- Scroll down and select 'Blank'
- Add your data by creating a new layer
- Once the upload completes, scroll down in unused sources and select the layer you uploaded to make it active.
- Set min and max zoom levels.
- Click "Share" in the top right corner.
- In the Developer section, click the "Third Party" tab
- Change the drop down to "CARTO"
- Copy the Integration URL
Import to gaiagps.com
Use the Integration URL you copied to upload this map directly to your gaiagps.com account, follow the instructions here.
Import directly to the Gaia GPS app
- iOS: Follow the instructions here to import into Gaia GPS for iOS
- Android: Follow the SD card instructions here to import into Gaia GPS for Android
- If you cannot see the image after importing to Mapbox Studio, or if it doesn't show up after uploading to Mapbox.com, contact Mapbox Studio customer support.
- If you have a paid Mapbox.com subscription, you may also find it easier to use their website directly to do the imports .
- If you have old paper or digital maps that need to be geo-referenced, instead see this article about using mapwarper.net .
- If you are importing a vector map to MapBox Studio, it needs to be a zipped Shapefile that includes .shp, .shx, .dbf, and .prj files