You can export the following data from the app as a GPX or KML file:
To export Photos, see Export photos from the iOS app.
To export all Tracks, Routes, or Waypoints, see Export All Tracks, Routes, or Waypoints below.
To export multiple items, first file them all into a folder with these steps: Managing Folders in iOS
2. Tap "Share", then tap "Export File":
3. Choose your preferred file type:
4. Choose your preferred export method:
Export All Tracks, Routes, Areas, or Waypoints
You can also choose to export all tracks, routes, areas, or waypoints all at once. Do this by filtering your Saved list to one of these data types, tap the more icon, then select "Export [data]". In this example, "Export Waypoints":
- On the sending device:
- Follow the steps above to choose and export the data you want to share. Tap AirDrop in Step 4.
- Select your recipient from the AirDrop field. If their device doesn't show in the list, verify you have AirDrop enabled on both devices and try again:
- On the receiving device:
- If multiple apps can open the file, you will be prompted to select a program for the drop.
- After selecting Gaia GPS, you will be prompted to Accept:
- After accepting, a popup will indicate the import succeeded.
Every time you import a file into Gaia GPS, a new folder is automatically created. The default name for this folder is the same name as the file. Follow the instructions here to rename the folder.