This article will show you how to convert a track to a route using the iOS app. Only Gaia GPS routes, not tracks, can be sent to the Apple Watch or used for turn-by-turn directions. This will allow you to convert a previously recorded track and then send it to the Apple Watch or use it for turn-by-turn directions.
Note: When you convert a track to a route, stats like time and speed are deleted. Elevation stats will be replaced with a new calculation from the routing algorithm. If you want to preserve the original track, you can duplicate the track and then convert the duplicate to a route. The steps below include duplicating the track first.
1. Find the track in your Saved menu.
2. Tap the track to open the details page.
3. Tap Edit > Duplicate > Enter a name > Save
4. Tap Save to save the duplicated Track.
5. The duplicated track's detail page will be open, then tap Edit > Convert to Route > Convert