This article will show you how to search for a place on the map by entering coordinates from common coordinate systems, such as Latitude/Longitude, UTM, and MGRS.
Search by entering coordinates directly in the search bar
Paste or type coordinates in the Search Bar. The app will accept the following formats here:
- Decimal Degrees: 39.06301, -120.03327
- Degrees, Minutes, Seconds: 39º 3' 46.85" N, 120º 1' 59.78" W
- UTM: 10S 756690 4327959
1. Tap the search icon in the center of the bottom menu bar
2. Enter or paste the coordinates and then tap the result.
3. Pull down the drawer and a search marker will show on the map. The search marker won't automatically be saved as a waypoint. Tap Save to save it to your list of saved waypoints.
Search for coordinates by adding a waypoint:
Set Coordinate Type
The app first needs to know what Datum and Coordinate Type you are looking for:
Open the app >tap Settings>Units and adjust your search criteria.
Once you've chosen a coordinate system, add a waypoint and fill in the coordinates with these steps:
1. To create a new waypoint, tap the + icon in the top menu
2. Select 'Add Waypoint'
3. Fill in the coordinate information. This screen will prompt you to fill in the coordinate information based on the coordinate type selected.
4. Tap Save.
Article is closed for comments.