This article will show you how to create a new waypoint or edit an existing one. Waypoints can mark your current location, or can be added anywhere on the map. You can also add a waypoint to search coordinates. Learn how here.
Note: You can create a waypoint while recording a Track and it will be linked to that Track. If the recording is paused, it will not link to the Track.
Create a New Waypoint
1. To create a new waypoint at any time, tap the + icon in the top menu
2. From here, there are two options for creating a waypoint:
- Add Waypoint - This puts a waypoint at the current Map Center
- This option also allows you to input precise GPS coordinates
- Add Waypoint (My Location) - This puts a waypoint at your current GPS location
Edit an Existing Waypoint
1. To edit an existing waypoint, go to your saved waypoints menu
2. Select the waypoint that you would like to edit
Alternatively, you can view your waypoint on the main map, and tap it to reveal the label. Then tap the 'info' button to go directly to the waypoint's details.
3. On the details page, tap the pencil icon for the option to:
- Edit the Title
- Change the Icon
- Lookup Elevation
- Move the Waypoint
4. Tap the action menu for the following options:
- Show on Main Map
- Choose a Parent Folder
- Guide Me
- Open Driving Directions with Apple Maps
- Export the Waypoint as a GPX or KML file