This article will show you how to use the Guide Me feature to:
- Get turn-by-turn directions for a route
- Get straight-line guidance from your location to the start of a track or a waypoint
Guide Me Along a Specific Route
Turn-by-turn directions are available for driving, cycling, and hiking routes using the Guide Me feature.
1. Create a route in the app or on the web. Be sure to use the correct mode - driving, cycling, or hiking - for your activity.
2. Tap on the route on the map. In the tap drawer, select the route. Then, tap More > Guide Me. Or, find the route in the Saved menu with these steps: Tap Saved > select Routes from your Saved menu filter > tap on the route name > on the route's detail page, select More > Guide Me.
3. You will see a Recording notification display. The app automatically starts to record a track anytime you select Guide Me.
4. Turn-by-turn directions will display at the top of the screen. If you are not near the start of the route, it will tell you to a direction and distance to the start of the route.
Once en route, the top menu will show your next turn:
6. To view the full list of directions, tap the route information banner at the top of the screen. On this screen, you can also view your current location along the elevation profile for the route.
7. Tap Map to return to the map & navigation screen
8. Tap End to exit out of the navigation screen for the route. Then, manually finish your track recording.
Get Straight-line Guidance to a Track or Waypoint
- Tap the item on the main map > select the item in the tap drawer
- Alternatively, you can select the item from your Saved tab
2. On the Details drawer/page, tap More then select 'Guide Me'
Guide Me to a track or waypoint does not provide turn-by-turn directions, however, you can choose to get directions to a waypoint or track by creating a route from your starting point to the item. You can also in get Google or Apple Maps driving directions if you have an internet connection. To do that, select 'driving directions' from the More menu on the item's page.
Article is closed for comments.