Overlays are additional map layers designed to work in conjunction with a base map to show you more information. This article shows how to add some of the more popular overlays (MVUM, USFS Roads and Trails, Slope Angle, Private Land, and Public Land).
Overlays are a Premium feature. Read about Premium here.
This article will show you how to add any overlay but uses the Private Land overlay as an example.
Our most popular overlays are:
Steps To Add an Overlay
To add an Overlay, follow the same steps you would when you're adding any other map source:
- Add, Layer, and Change Map Sources in the iOS app
- Add, Layer, and Change Map Sources in the Android app
For pictures and videos to go with these steps, follow the links above.
1. Tap the layers icon in the upper right corner of the map. If you are using Map Packs on iOS, see these steps.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the drawer and tap "+ Add map layers"
3. Tap to select the Feature/Weather Overlays category
4. Find the Overlay in the list.
- On Android, switch the toggle to on
- On iOS, tap the overlay in the list and then tap Add in the upper right corner.
5. Tap the back arrow until you are back at the first Map Sources screen.
6. Tap the green up arrow to make the overlay active on the map.
7. Adjust the opacity by dragging the slider.
Article is closed for comments.