Archiving data allows you to remove data from the app without permanently deleting it.
Archived data is removed from your device and saved to your web account. You can then unarchive it and sync it back to your device when you need it.
Also, if you accidentally deleted something from the app, you can recover it by unarchiving it, as long as your data was synced before you deleted it.
- Recovering data requires that sync/back-up is enabled from the Gaia GPS app settings (and your data was synced before you deleted it). If this setting is disabled, you will not be able to recover deleted data.
- Additionally, deleting data from gaiagps.com also deletes it from your devices, and cannot be recovered.
1. From the drop down menu under your profile name, choose the data type (e.g., Tracks, Routes, Waypoints, Maps) you are looking for. Then, click the "Show Archived" icon to reveal or hide archived data.
2. Archive data by toggling the sync column to "Off." You can also mass select data to sync by using the checkboxes on the left side of the data list and then click "Toggle Sync." When Sync is set to "Off," the data will not sync to the app and will not be visible on the main map on gaiagps.com.
Note: Toggling sync to OFF will remove the selected data from all devices synced with gaiagps.com. It will not be deleted.
3. To unarchive or restore data, toggle sync from "Off" back to "On." You can also mass select data to sync by using the checkboxes on the left side of the data list and then click "Toggle Sync."