Archiving data allows you to remove data from the app without permanently deleting it and hide data on the main map on gaiagps.com
Also, if you accidentally deleted something from the app, you can recover it by unarchiving it.
- Recovering data requires that sync/back-up is enabled from the Gaia GPS app settings (and your data was synced before you deleted it). If this setting is disabled, you will not be able to recover deleted data.
- Additionally, deleting data from gaiagps.com also deletes it from your devices, and cannot be recovered.
Archive and Unarchiving:
1. From a saved data list, click the "Show Archived" icon to reveal or hide archived data.
2. Archive/Restore data by toggling the sync from OFF to ON. When Sync is set to OFF the data will not be visible on the main map or sync to the app.
Note: Toggling sync to OFF will remove the selected data from all devices synced with gaiagps.com. It will not be deleted.
3. To re-sync your data, toggle sync from OFF back to ON. You can also mass select data to sync by using the checkboxes on the left side of the data list, then clicking Toggle Sync.