Search for coordinates in the Search Bar
1. Open Gaia GPS and view the Main Map > Tap the Search Icon
2. Paste or type coordinates in the Search Bar. The app will accept the following formats here:
- Decimal Degrees: 39.06301, -120.03327
- Degrees, Minutes, Seconds: 39º 3' 46.85" N, 120º 1' 59.78" W
- UTM: 10S 756690 4327959
3. Tap the coordinate result below the Search Bar. The app will zoom to the given coordinate and drop a label at that location.
Search for coordinates by adding a waypoint:
The app first needs to know what Datum and Coordinate Type you are looking for:
Open the app > tap Settings > Units and adjust your search criteria.
- To create a new waypoint, tap the + icon in the top menu
- Select 'Add Waypoint'
- Fill in the coordinate information. This screen will prompt you to fill in the coordinate information based on the coordinate type selected.
- You also have the option to name the waypoint and customize its icon.
- Tap Save.