This article will show you how to get turn-by-turn directions for driving, cycling, and hiking routes using the Guide Me feature.
Guide Me Along a Specific Route
2. Tap on the route on the map > tap More from the tap drawer > Guide Me. Or, find the route in the Saved menu with these steps:
- Tap Saved > select Routes from your Saved menu filter > tap on the route name > on the route's detail page, select Guide Me
3. A box will pop up asking if you'd like to record a track while following a route. Tap "Start Track Recording" or "Do Not Record". Tracks are not automatically recorded when you follow a route, so be sure to choose "Start Track Recording" if you want a track.
4. Turn-by-turn directions will be displayed at the top of the screen. If you are not near the start of the route, it will tell you the direction and distance to the start of the route.
Once en route, the top menu will show your next turn:
5. To view the full list of directions, tap the route information bar at the bottom of the screen. Then, tap Directions.
6. Tap Done to return to the map and navigation screen
7. Tap End to exit out of the navigation screen for the route.
Guide Me from your Current Location to a Tap Marker or Waypoint
You can also tap on the map ("tap marker") or a waypoint > Tap More > Then select Guide Me.
When you are on Wifi or have a strong cellular signal and select Guide Me for a waypoint, the app will give you a choice between turn-by-turn directions or straight-line guidance.
If you are offline or in airplane mode, the app won't be able to generate turn-by-turn directions for a tap marker or waypoint. If you want to use turn-by-turn directions offline, be sure to create a route when you are online - see Guide Me Along a Specific Route.
When offline or in airplane mode, if you use Guide Me for a tap marker or a waypoint, it will show you a straight line to the destination.
Follow these steps to enable spoken instructions during turn-by-turn routing:
1. Tap Settings
2. Tap Turn-by-Turn Routing
3. Toggle on Enable Verbal Instructions
Also, be sure to check that your Android notification volumes are turned up.
- Open the Settings app > Sounds and Vibration > Volume > adjust your System and Notification volumes