This article will show you how to create a new waypoint or edit an existing one. Waypoints can mark your current location, or can be added anywhere on the map. They are helpful for planning and navigating.
Note: You can create a waypoint while recording a Track and it will be linked to that Track. If the recording is paused, it will not link to the Track.
Create a New Waypoint
1. To create a new waypoint at any time, tap the + icon in the top menu
2. From here, there are two options for creating a waypoint:
- Add Waypoint - This puts a waypoint at the current Map Center
- This option also allows you to input precise GPS coordinates
- Add Waypoint (My Location) - This puts a waypoint at your current GPS location
Edit an Existing Waypoint
1. To edit an existing waypoint, go to your saved waypoints menu
2. Select the waypoint that you would like to edit
Alternatively, you can view your waypoint on the main map, and tap it to reveal the label. Then tap the label to go directly to the waypoint's details page.
3. On the details page, tap the pencil icon for the option to:
- Edit the Title
- Add/edit any notes for the waypoint
4. From the details page, you also have the following options:
- Add a Photo
- Add notes about the location
- Choose a Parent Folder
- Show on Main Map
- Guide Me
- Export the Waypoint as a GPX or KML file
- Open Driving Directions with Google Maps