This article will show you how to delete data from the app with a special note on deleting tracks with waypoints. When sync/back-up is activated in the Gaia GPS app settings, deleting data from the app will archive it on gaiagps.com. Learn more about how to archive/unarchive data here.
Note: If you delete data from your device without first syncing, that data will NOT archive on gaiagps.com and cannot be recovered.
You can delete data from the Saved Menu or by clicking the track or waypoint on the Main Map to reach the item's details page.
1. Click the arrow to the right of the item name.
2. Hit delete.
1. Tap the three dots in the top righthand corner of the item's detail page.
2. Click Delete
Deleting Tracks with Waypoints
When deleting a track, you will have the option to delete waypoints associated with the track
- Follow the steps above to delete a track
- Click Delete when asked to delete this item
- You will then have the option to delete waypoints associated with tracks. Click "No" if you want to preserve your waypoints, and click "yes" if you'd like to delete them as well.
Restore or Permanently Delete Data from gaiagps.com
Note: Deleting data from gaiagps.com also deletes it from your devices, and cannot be recovered.
1. From a saved data list, click the "Show Archived" icon to reveal or hide archived data.
2. Restore data by toggling the sync from OFF to ON. You can also mass select data to sync by using the checkboxes on the left side of the data list, then clicking Toggle Sync.
3. Permanently delete data by selecting it, then clicking Delete at the top of the list.