When Gaia GPS users make their tracks public, you can view them on the map and add them to your own account.
View and Add Public Tracks in the App
1. Tap the Layers icon to reveal the layers and overlays menu.
2. Toggle on the Public Tracks Overlay.
3. The public tracks appear as dark green lines on the map. Search for a place or move the map to a place of interest.
4. Zoom in and tap on a green track. Pull up the drawer and tap on a track for more information.
5. Tap Save (iOS) or Save Offline (Android) to save the track to your account.
6. The track will now appear in your Saved menu. Tap the Saved icon in the bottom menu bar to see your saved data. From here, you will be able to rename the track or change the color.
View and Add Public Tracks on the Web
1. Click the Overlays menu on the left side of the map and then toggle on Public Tracks. The public tracks will show as dark green on the map.
2. Search for a place or move the map to a place of interest. Click on a track to view the track's details. The track will change color once clicked.
3. In the left sidebar, scroll down and click "Copy to My Tracks."
4. You'll be prompted to rename the track. After renaming, click Save.
5. The track will now appear in your Saved Items list.
6. To view the track in the app, sync your device with these steps: Backup, Sync, and Transfer Your Data
Article is closed for comments.