When Gaia GPS users make their tracks public, you can view them on the map and add them to your own account. We also recommend exploring for hikes using the Hike Search feature.
View and Add Public Tracks in the App
1. Tap the Layers icon to reveal the layers and overlays menu.
2. Toggle on the Public Tracks Overlay.
3. The public tracks appear as dark green lines on the map. Search for a place or move the map to a place of interest.
4. Zoom in and tap on a track. On iOS, pull up the search drawer and tap on the track to get to the track details screen. On Android, tap the "i" in the popup to get to the track details screen.
5. From the details screen, you can view statistics and other info about the track and save it to your account. On iOS, tap Save and verify that the icon switches to Saved. On Android, tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then tap Save.
6. The track will now appear in your Saved menu. Tap the Saved icon in the bottom menu bar to see your saved data. From here, you will be able to rename the track or change the color.
View and Add Public Tracks on the Web
1. Click the Overlays menu on the left side of the map and then toggle on Public Tracks. The public tracks will show as dark green on the map.
2. Search for a place or move the map to a place of interest. Click on a track to view the track's details. The track will change color once clicked.
3. In the left sidebar, scroll down and click "Copy to My Tracks."
4. You'll be prompted to rename the track. After renaming, click Save.
5. The track will now appear in your Saved Items list.
6. To view the track in the app, sync your device with these steps: Backup, Sync, and Transfer Your Data