By default, all your data is private. Only you can see what's saved to your account. You can make your tracks & waypoints public or private by editing the Who Has Access Privacy Controls in the iOS app.
Updating your Default Sharing settings
The default sharing setting is for new items you create. You can edit the default setting by following these steps:
1. Tap Settings > Account
2. Select Public or Private.
3. After you make a selection, you will be presented with the option to change all previously saved items to this new setting, as well.
Updating your Who Has Access settings
1. When you are done recording a track tap Finish Track. Or when adding a waypoint tap Save.
2. From the Name and Save page, tap Who Has Access.
3. A pop-up will appear with the following Who Has Access options:
- Public: This item is Public. It's viewable by anyone visiting Gaia GPS. It's viewable from your profile and searchable on gaiagps.com
- Private: This item is Private. It's only viewable by you and the people you share it with. It's hidden from your profile and not searchable on gaiagps.com
4. Select one of the options.
5. Tap Save.
Updating Share Settings for Existing Data
If the track or waypoint has already been saved, you can tap the Privacy setting on the detail screen to change the Who Has Access permissions:
Learn more about Share Settings here: Sharing Your Data
To change the share settings for multiple items, log in to gaiagps.com and follow these steps: Make your Tracks, Routes, Waypoints, and Folders Public/Private from gaiagps.com