This article will give you an overview of how to use Gaia GPS on a tablet and a few tips for navigating the menus.
Since the tablet has a much larger screen, the Gaia GPS user interface is slightly different than it is for a phone. When reading other articles in this Help Center, note that while the interface may look different between your tablet and the phone shown in the article, the functionality remains the same.
*Please note: 'WiFi only' tablets do not have a built-in GPS and require an external GPS unit in order to track location when not connected to the internet.
Opening the Main Menu
1. To access the main menu, tap the expand sidebar icon in the upper left of the map screen.
2. The main menu includes the following tabs:
- Trip - Shows current stats and you have the option to record a track, take a picture, and check your GPS status.
- Discover - Find hikes, trails, and POIs.
- Saved data - View your saved tracks, routes, waypoints, folders, and maps.
- Settings - View help center articles, subscription information, force a sync with your web account, change units, manage map controls, and more.
Controlling the Map Display
- Long-press the full screen icon to open the Map Display Options