This article will show you how to take a new picture, or add one to an existing track or route.
Take a New Photo
1. To take a picture at any time, tap the + icon in the top menu and select 'Take Picture'. With this option, a waypoint will also be created for the picture to be attached to at your exact GPS location.
2. To take a picture while recording a track, tap the camera icon that appears next to the track timer. This will also take a picture at your current location, and the image will be tied directly to your track.
3. You can also take a picture from the Trip Screen
- Tap Trip in the bottom menu bar
- Tap the Camera icon on the next page
Add a photo to an existing track
1. You can also add a new photo to an existing track, route, or waypoint. To do that:
- Navigate to your saved menu and open the details for your track, route or waypoint
- Tap the camera icon on the Preview picture
- Select either 'Take Picture' or 'Choose Saved Photo'. Choosing a saved photo will allow you to add a photo saved to your phone's Photo app.
- Photos must be .jpeg or .png. Videos are not supported.
2. You can also choose to automatically save new pictures taken in Gaia GPS to your device's Photo Library. To do that:
- From the Main Map screen, tap the Settings button
- In the Settings Menu, tap 'Other'
- On the next page, toggle 'Save to Photo Library' to the On position