1. If Gaia GPS won't get a GPS signal:
- Make sure Location services are turned on.
- If Location Services are on and Gaia GPS still won't locate you, turn off the app completely by swiping it from the list of active applications in the device's Task Manager, then restart the app.
- If restarting the app doesn't correct the issue, restart your device.
2. If Gaia GPS stops working, you can delete it from your phone and re-download it from the Google Play Store at no additional cost as long as you are signed in with the same account you originally used to purchase the app. You can save your data by syncing with gaiagps.com before deleting the app.
3. Some phone manufacturers disable GPS signals while
To test: Switch phone to Airplane Mode > open Gaia GPS > open the Trip tab, and tap the GPS signal icon in the upper right.
- If your phone allows GPS signals while in Airplane Mode, your GPS Status will display that it is connected, the number of satellites in view and the number of satellites used to determine your current location:
- If your phone disables GPS signals while in Airplane Mode, your GPS Status will display that your current location is unknown, zero satellites in view, and zero satellites used to determine your current location.
4. The compass will not work if you are in your car, near a computer, or near other metallic objects.
Article is closed for comments.