Beta testing Gaia GPS helps improve each release—testing the beta version gives you early access to updates and features before they're released fully. You can test specific bug fixes and give us feedback. We'll receive logs automatically if the app crashes, too.
To join the Beta program:
- Install TestFlight on your iOS device:
- After, click this link from your device to join this TestFlight group and get the beta app:
- Join the mailing list to hear when new betas go live: http://eepurl.com/cSQt4P
Installing the Beta
The beta app replaces the App Store version, and your data will carry over.
If you'd like to go back to the App Store version for any reason, go to the App Store and install it from there. It will replace the beta. Again, all your data will carry over.
We also like to advise beta testers to stay logged in and synced with gaiagps.com, so your data is backed up in case the current beta app does something whacky.
The most useful reports include:
- A brief description of how to reproduce the issue (step-by-step)
- Type of iOS device + iOS version (Ex: iPhone 6s, running iOS 12.1)