Polygons/Areas currently available on iOS only
Polygons allow you to create areas, measure area and perimeters, download maps based on areas, and import areas from KML.
Convert Tracks or Routes to an Area1. Choose a Track or Route from your Saved list. You can define the perimeter of an area by creating a route on gaiagps.com or in the app.
2. Tap the edit icon next to the Track or Route name, then select "Convert to Area".
3. Confirm that you want to convert to an area. This action cannot be undone. If you do not want to change the original data or lose stats, you can duplicate the track / route and create an area with the copy.
4.After you create an area, the new data and associated stats can be found in the Areas Saved list.
The screenshots below show how the stats have changed when you convert to an area.
5. To view the area on the main map, click "Show on Main Map" under the Action menu
Measure Areas and Perimeters
1. Tap the Plus Sign icon at the top of the map screen, then "Create Area".
- View acreage and perimeter stats at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Layers icon to change the map source
3. Tap Save and give it a name.
4. Select resolution and map sources. If you don't want to download maps, select "None".
Download Maps Based on Areas1. Tap the action icon from the top of a Saved Area details page.
3. Select resolution and map sources to download.
Import Areas from KMLImporting Areas using the same process as importing any other piece of data into Gaia GPS. Follow the instructions linked below for your desired method of import:
Import KML files into Gaia GPS