This article will give you an overview of how to use Gaia GPS on an iPad and a few tips for navigating the menus.
Since the iPad has a much larger screen, the Gaia user interface is slightly different than it is for the iPhone. When reading other articles in this Help Center, note that the interface may look different between your iPad and the iPhone shown in the article, but the functionality remains the same.
*Please note: 'WiFi only' iPads do not have a built-in GPS and require an external GPS unit in order to track location when not connected to the internet.
Opening the Main Menu
1. To access the main menu, tap the expand icon in the upper left of the map screen
2. The main menu includes the following tabs:
- Trip - Shows current stats and you have the option to record a track, take a picture, and check your GPS status.
- Discover - Find hikes, trails, and POIs.
- Saved data - View your saved tracks, routes, waypoints, folders, and maps.
- Settings - View help center articles, subscription information, force a sync with your web account, change units, manage map controls, and more.
Controlling the Map Display
- Long-press the expand icon to open the Map Display Options
- Hide or display the stats bar, compass, and left sidebar (menu)