Track recording and location accuracy can be improved by switching the Location Services mode for your Android device. Switching to "Device/GPS Only" will prevent your device's Location Services from using cellular or WiFi connections to determine your location.
For Android 8 and earlier follow these instructions:
1. Open the Android Settings app
2. Tap "Location" to open the Location Services menu
3. Select "Mode" to open the various Location Services mode options
4. Tap "Device Only" or "GPS Only" depending on your Android's options
Note: Users with Android 9 (Pie) and later will not have this setting. Instead, follow the instructions below.
1. Open the Android Settings app.
2. Tap on "Security and Location" > "Location" > "Google Location Accuracy"
3. Turn off "Improve Location Accuracy". This will tell your device to use only GPS to acquire your location.