This article will show you how to adjust accessibility settings in the Gaia GPS iOS app and to use Apple's existing accessibility tools on your device.
If you are looking for accessibility tips for the website, please see: Accessibility Settings on gaiagps.com
Change Map Label Size
You can change the size of the text on the map in Gaia GPS for certain layers by adjusting the Dynamic Type slider in the iOS Settings app:
- Open iOS Settings app > Accessibility Display & Text Size > Larger Text > adjust the slider to your preferred font size.
- This will only increase the text size for Gaia Topo and Satellite with Labels map sources.
- After adjusting the text size, you will need to force close and re-open the app to see the changes. Follow these steps to force close Gaia GPS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330
High contrast map layers
The following maps have higher contrast than Gaia Topo and are recommend if you are having trouble seeing the map:
Follow these steps to make these layers active on the map:
Adjust menu colors
You can adjust the color of the menu labels like Map, Trip, Search, Saved, Settings with these steps:
1. Gaia GPS Settings > Appearance > choose a new color > Reset
Adjust location marker color
1. Gaia GPS Settings > Map Controls > Location Marker > choose a new color
Change waypoint icon color
You can adjust the color of waypoint icons to make them stand out more on the map.
Follow the steps in this article: Create and Edit Waypoints in the App
Zoom using the built-in iOS accessibility tools
Apple has a built-in feature that allows you to enlarge part of the screen.
To enable this:
1. Open the iOS Settings app
2. Tap Accessibility
3. Tap Zoom
4. Toggle Zoom to 'On'
Below the toggle, there are instructions for how to trigger and use zoom:
- Double-tap three fingers to zoom
- Drag three fingers to move around the screen
- Double-tap three fingers and drag to change zoom
More details here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/iph3e2e367e/ios
Article is closed for comments.