Premium Members can import .mbtiles & GeoTIFF files into Gaia GPS, which lets you use a wide variety of maps/data in Gaia GPS.
Note: After importing an MBTiles or GeoTIFF map, it will be available for offline use.
Importing MBTiles & GeoTiff into the Android version of Gaia GPS
1. Tap the Create icon in Gaia GPS
2. Select the "Import File" option
3. Navigate to where the MBTiles or GeoTiff file is saved on your device (in this example they are saved to the SD card)
4. Tap the file you wish to import
5. In the Layers menu, tap the green arrow next to the name of your GeoTiff or MBTiles layer to load it into the main map
Note: The Android app will allow you to import up to 4gb of mbtiles and 1 GB of GeoTIFF, but files over 100mb will not sync
If I produce the MBTiles with a program other than MapBox Studio (MapC2MapC64), how do I locate them while in gaiagps.com so they can be imported? Do I establish a map source on my hard drive?
Sorry - ignore the previous comment for now. I misread & thought I had to do the import from Mapbox. I'll experiment and come back if I can't figure it out.
How do you import an mbtiles file into iOS and does that sync with web GaiaGPS?
How do you import an mbtilesfile into web GaiaGPS? I can't find an option to do that.
You can import MBTiles through Mapbox Studio to the gaiagps.com and it will be synced to the iOS app by following the steps listed here: https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003639948-Import-Maps-Data-with-Mapbox-Studio
Article is closed for comments.