This article will show you have to customize Gaia GPS for any situation, whether that be switching the main color scheme of the app to clearing any map tiles that have been cached. Adjusting these settings is the best way to have a personalized version of Gaia GPS.
Adjust In-App Settings:
Tap the Saved menu icon:
- On iPhone: Bottom Control bar
- On iPad: Left Sidebar
- Coordinate Type - Used when entering or viewing coordinates. Available coordinate types are:
- Decimal Degrees
- Degree, Minutes, Seconds
- Degrees, Decimal Minutes
- Datum - WGS84 or NAD27
- Units - Metric or Imperial
- Distance - Standard or Nautical
- Distance Interval Settings: Click here to read about distance interval settings options.
- Colors - Select Colors for App and Highlight Text
- Night Color - Black or Red. Appears when Night Brightness slider is turned down
- Night Brightness - Turn this slider down to view a low brightness display
- Cluster Waypoints - This option allows you to decide whether or not waypoints get grouped together when they are plotted closely. With this setting turned on, grouped waypoints will show a badge indicating how many are in a group
- Layered Maps - Allows multiple map layers to be stacked in the main map (Requires a Memebership or Premium account)
- Auto-resume - When turned on, map downloads will automatically resume when launching the app
- Check Data Integrity - Checks for missing tile data for map layers (typically not used)
- Last Integrity Check - Date of last data integrity check
- North Reference - True or Magnetic
- Compass Warning - Disable or Enable to built in iOS compass calibration. Your device will only prompt for compass calibration if it detects there is a problem
- Map Arrow - Toggle the map arrow between "Course" and "Compass" Modes
- Storage Use - View how much storage Gaia GPS is using
- Clear Cache - Deletes a temporary cache of recently viewed map tiles
- Watch Display - Change what settings are visible for Gaia GPS on the Apple Watch
- Save to Photo Library - If this setting is "on", photos taken within the app will be automatically saved to your camera roll.
- Send Logs - Sends error logs to the developers if you are experiencing an issue
- Disable Analytics - If this setting is "on", developers are not provided with analytical and usage information; also causing customer support to be more difficult.
Manage Your Account:
Go to the Account section of the Settings menu.
- Sync/Backup - Toggle on to auto-sync with GaiaGPS.com
- Last Sync - Date of last full sync
- Auto-Publish - Option to auto-publish all finished Tracks
- Trial membership - Number of days remaining in your free trial
- Purchase Subscription - Purchase either Gaia GPS Membership or Gaia GPS Premium
- Restore Purchase - Add a previous purchased Gaia GPS Membership or Gaia GPS Premium to the app
- Change Email - Change the email associated with your Gaia GPS account
- Reset Password - Reset the password for your Gaia GPS account
- Log Out - Log out of your Gaia GPS account in the app