## View Downloaded Maps
I often plan trips to locations where internet connectivity will not be available. As a result, I create and download maps for offline use that cover my planned areas.
A year or so later, I may plan another trip to a previous area. I want a way to find map(s) I have previously created for that area (rather than creating a new map that might duplicate portions of previously created map(s)).
I can choose the “download a new map” option to view the “red overlay” that shows area(s) that have saved maps, but those red overlays don’t tell me the name(s) of those saved maps.
If I go into my SAVED view and filter for MAPS, I can see a list of all my maps, and even a thumbnail view of the map, but determining which map(s) cover my desired area is really quite difficult.
I would like to have a way to have Gaia GPS display overlay(s) and associated map names for any saved maps touching the currently visible map area.
## Proposed Solution
* From the Map view, click on the LAYERS icon (or if you prefer, the ADD icon (circled-plus-sign).
* Add a new ON/OFF toggle titled “Show Previously Created Maps.”
* Toggling this on will display an overlay for each previously-created map touching the current map region.
* Perhaps show each previously created map with a red (or other color) overlay similar to the view shown when creating a new map.
* Show the name of each map… perhaps situated along the border of each map area overlay, or perhaps by adding a touchable “INFO” icon on the border of each map area overlay.
* This will allow the user a much easier way of knowing what previously created map(s) are already available for download.
* While I don’t often create “Areas” (I generally create maps instead), you may want to include previously created Areas to this algorithm since they serve a similar purpose to downloadable (offline) maps.
Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.