... for at least a day. This has happened to me several times now. But the list of layers has always come back after some days go by. Which is very good because some of those "lost" layers are custom ones, and losing that work permanently would be very time consuming. This is a huge headache because those layers are important for me to be able to look at while working on gaiagps.com, and I'm trying to create my custom routes for the weekend. If I accidentally sync my phone, poof, there goes my ability to see those important layers on gaiagps.com until some number of days goes by. Logging in and out doesn't fix it, nor does using another browser. Something inside the account itself goofs up, and it stays that way until whatever's wrong with Gaia internal systems fixes itself some time later.
To reproduce the error,
1) Let some days go by having NOT opened the iPhone happ, so that everything works normally again.
2) Open gaiagps.com and see that your layers are all there and working fine.
3) Open your iPhone app, and record a quick sample route around the driveway or whatever.
4) Sync it.
5) Go back to your pc web page and notice that it starts acting weird. When you refresh the web page, many of your layers are now gone and will stay that way for at least a day.
6) The layers remain visible on the iPhone app. Just not the web page. Unfortunately getting any real work done on a tiny iPhone screen is necessarily cludgy when compared to doing the same tasks on the web page. Plus some web page features are simply not available on the app period.
Anyway I guess I DO have a workaround, whereby I make SURE that I DON'T open that iPhone app until I am absolutely sure that I am done working with the web page. Because if I sync that iPhone on a Friday, bam, there goes my ability to plan my complicated routes for the weekend on the web page.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Please sign in to leave a comment.