if we could fix these things this software would be great:
1. as I noted in previous comments the route building feature is clumsy. we should be able to create a total multi-way route and then break it into legs and easily erase recorded backtracks
2. the snap to trail feature only seems to work on trails is finicky, it does not snap to many trails that are shown on usgs maps and/or trails illustrated, and sometimes, though less often on Gaia base layer maps
3. the map downloading process is very unclear. my issues are: a) it seems to discontinue download if my phone goes to the lock screen, so I have to monitor this entire process, b) it tries to download multiple maps at once, instead of doing them sequentially which negatively affects download speeds, c) it is not very clear which maps have successfully downloaded vs. maps that still need to download. this should be simple and straightforward to check which maps you have and don't have
4. the waypoint feature does not seem to be able to integrate into the routes, which is weird. we should be able to build a route and integrate waypoints into it. I may just not understand how to do this.
5. when following a route, it should be easy to assess how far along the route you are or distance to next waypoint (see previous point)
6. it would be cool if there was a snap to river route feature
thanks for considering it, I think you guys could have the best software out there by far, but these issues make the program less user friendly than it should be I think.
Please sign in to leave a comment.