I appreciate the improvements in the Gaia Topo map however I have the following suggestions:
1. Houses are inconsistently displayed. This appears to be an issue with the open street map database. However given that they are inconsistently displayed and that really houses are irrelevant to hiking, I would prefer they not be there at all.
2. Houses display in a very ugly black on Android at higher zoom levels. If they have to be there I would prefer a very light color. Color contrast should emphasize important things like trails, not houses.
3. I tried Gaia Topo but have gone back to open cycle. The text on Gaia Topo is too small to read.
4. The width of a topo line and the same for a trail and brown versus black is sometimes hard to distinguish. Keep in mind that a) not everyone has the great eyesight of a 25 year old, b) that we are reading sometimes in difficult sunlight conditions. The contrast priorities while better than before are still problematic.
5. Since this new map is vector, once the Android application is updated (which is soon I understand) I hoping/suggesting that we will be able to customize the display and I can: hide the houses, increase the text size and change the coloring scheme and line styles.
Please sign in to leave a comment.