After a trip I like to put all the tracks and waypoints for that trip into a single folder for ease of sharing and future reference. Now, maybe there's a way to tell the Android app to put routes and waypoints into a specific folder as they're being created but I couldn't find one (although that would be really handy). So for now I have to do it by hand post-trip, here's my workflow:
1. Create a new folder, but make the name start with AAA so it appears at the top of the folder list (which is sorted alphabetically)
2. Click on each route/waypoint and open its detail page
3. Click on Add to Folder button on detail page
4. Wait for folder list to load
5. Select my AAA folder
6. After everything is added, remove the AAA from the folder name
It would be nice if the website could "remember" the most recently created folder and give you a quicker option to access it. It would be even nicer if this could be done from the popup on the main map instead of having to go into each detail page. Or hey, what about a way to just add all the recently created tracks/waypoints to a (new) folder?
I don't know, maybe filing things into trip-specific folders isn't a super-popular thing, but for someone trying to stay organized the amount of clicks feels a bit clunky at times.
Please sign in to leave a comment.