Hide Other Tracks
## Hide all Other Tracks
I hike similar (or even the same) route in my local area quite often. I often record and then save the track. This will greatly clutter my map.
If I want to follow a slightly differing route, all these previous tracks/routes can add difficulty to recognizing if I’m following the desired route.
I want a way to select a single route (or track) and ask Gaia to temporarily hide all other tracks visible in the current map area. This should be a temporary thing, because I only want to declutter while I’m out on the current hike. I want to easily see the tracks later in the day/week/month/etc., when I return home.
I have noticed that, from the Map view, I can click on the LAYERS icon (upper right) and scroll down to an on/off toggle titled “Tracks.” If I toggle tracks off, that seems to turn off both routes and tracks, so I can’t seem to use that as a means of decluttering to show only planned routes.
Create a new feature that works in the following manner.
* The user can touch a route or track located on the map.
* As per the current algorithm, the name of the route/track appears in a flyout. Further, the INFO icon (looks like a “circled-i”) appears.
* Click on the INFO icon.
* This opens the ROUTE info page for the associated route (or track if appropriate).
* Click on the “ellipsis-shaped” menu at the upper right to open a menu of available actions.
* Add the following, new menu item:
* Hide all other routes & tracks visible in the current map area.
* If the user clicks on this new menu item:
* A dialog opens asking how long these other routes / tracks should be hidden.
* Options could include something like:
* Until I finish current track.
* Until I reboot Gaia GPS.
* At that point, all other routes / tracks that had any portion visible in the map will automatically turn visibility off (for the duration specified).
* If the user repeats the process (touch route/track, click INFO icon, open ELLIPSIS menu), then a new menu item appears:
* Restore visibility of previously hidden routes / tracks.
* This visibility toggle should not affect the long-term visibility that had previously been set for the affected routes / tracks, unless the user specifies “permanently.”
* In other words, once the time period expires, visibility for each affected route / track should return to what had previously been set for each affected route / track.
I'd like to second this request. Even if it were simply the ability on the Routes or Tracks List view to toggle all items' visibility on or off. Then, the user could toggle back on only the route he or she wished to have active.
This is different than turning Routes or Tracks Visibility On or Off - that method turns off ALL routes or ALL tracks, including the one the user wants to see.
The way I think the OP and I would like to see is simply a means to toggle all routes off and then viewing one exclusively - (or more than one).
Here's what I imagined (but I think the OP's idea is much more well-thought-out):
Again, the above suggestion is different than turning Route/Track visibility On or Off.
Please sign in to leave a comment.