Apple Watch Final Release Version Still BuggyAnswered
Now that Gaia has released the final (non-beta) version of the app, many of the beta bugs still exist. As in the beta, I am not able to upload routes to the watch. Upload processing gets to 50% and stalls. The progress of the upload never moves beyond 50%.
I was a beta tester and reported this problem several times. It’s disappointing to see that Gaia didn’t fix this problem. I eventually stoped beta testing the product since the problem reoccurred from one beta version to the next. What was the point of the beta test if Gaia developers aren’t interested in fixing identified problems?
I am using an iPhone Xr running iOS 14.4, Apple Watch series 6 running version 7.3.
If you're having issues sending routes to the Watch, here are some tips that might help:
The app shows "not reachable" when I try to send a route to the Watch
You will see a "not reachable" message if the Watch app is not open or if the Watch is not connected to your phone.
Open Gaia GPS on your Watch before trying to send a route to the watch.
Make sure Gaia GPS is open with the screen illuminated on both your phone and the Watch and try again. We have found that keeping the screen awake the entire time the route is sending helps.
To keep your screen on longer, change these settings:
- For Series 5 and Series 6 Watches: set your Display to “Always On”: Watch Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Always On
- On earlier Watch models: change your Wake Screen settings: Watch Settings -> General -> Wake Screen -> Wake for 70 Seconds
After sending the route, the route does not show up on the Watch or processing stalls at 50%
This may have to do with how the route was created.
If the route was created using Gaia GPS, try this:
- First, force restart your Apple Watch by pressing and holding both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
- If you are still having any trouble, please uninstall/reinstall the Watch app. Here is how to do that: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212064
If the route was imported, try this:
Make sure a routing mode is selected for the route:
- Go to gaiagps.com
- Select the route from the Saved Item sidebar
- Click Edit next to the route's name
- Scroll down to Routing Mode. Click the dropdown and select a mode (hiking, cycling, driving).
- Click Save.
- Sync the app: open Gaia GPS > Settings > Account > Last Sync
- Try to send the route again
If you are still having any issues, please reach out to Support.Comment actions
I just tried tonight to upload a route I created within Gaia and am seeing a greyed out "Send To Watch (not reachable)" when trying to upload the route.
Both are on same wifi and have the app open on both. Both have latest iOS and versions of the app (iPhone 6S, Apple Watch 4 w/ GPS - maybe I'm outdated?).
Seems like people had a similar issue during beta and thread is now gone. Here is a cache of the old thread with some suggestions: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:okfe-Z7MUS4J:https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360036835353-Apple-Watch-App+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Post is closed for comments.