Am I the only one having trouble with the Watch app? I'd like to know so I can figure out if I should invest more time in getting it to work. Seems like this is not ready for prime time. Here's my list of symptoms (using the new Gaia GPS v 1.1.1 and Watch series 2 v 3.2.2):
- Won't stay "active" on screen (like workout app will during a workout) and I have to reopen it. This often leads to the reconnecting cycle of death (see below).
- Stats screen won't setup correctly no matter what I do. I want it to show Distance, altitude, and pace. It will only show elevation and GPS signal strength. Yes, I've tried rebooting, and even reinstalling the watch app.
- Stats won't match up. I can hold the watch next to the phone and still shows different elevations, often off by 30-100 feet.
- Stats screen will often get stuck in perpetual reconnect mode and won't get out of it without a reinstall (the reconnect cycle of death). Meanwhile the map screen is refreshing fine.
- Constant reconnecting and refreshing
I had high hopes for the watch. It would be great to glance and see distance and elevation (I don't care so much about the map on such a small screen). But the experience is so bad on the watch, it is faster just to dig out my phone, unlock it, and bring up the app. I know, first world problems and all. But still, it is unrealized potential.
Please sign in to leave a comment.