This article will help you customize which data is displayed on your maps.
You’ll learn how to show or hide your waypoints, tracks, routes, areas, saved hikes, and folders.
- Use Map Overlays to declutter the map in bulk, by type.
- Use the 'eye' icon to toggle the visibility of individual items and folders
Find answers to these common questions:
“Why aren’t my waypoints showing up anymore?”
“Why can’t I see my uploaded routes?”
Show or hide all Saved data
By default, all of your saved data is visible on the main map view. However, your map may become cluttered over time. You can follow these steps to hide data:
When the toggle is to the right and is green, the toggle is 'ON.'
- A Map Overlay switch must be turned ‘ON’ to see any items of that type.
- However, turning it ‘ON’ will not necessarily show all items of that type. Individual items can have their own visibility status; you will not see individual items if they are hidden.
To show or hide individual tracks, routes, areas, and folders please read the next section.
Individual Items - ‘Eye’ Icon
You can further control which of your saved items display on the map with the ‘eye’ icon.
From the Saved menu, tap the ‘eye’ icon next to an item to change its state:
You can show or hide individual tracks, routes, areas, folders, and hikes (Android only) with this method.
It's not possible to hide individual hikes on iOS, you must either use the Saved Hikes overlay or delete the hike.
Folder Visibility Notes:
- Hiding a folder hides all data in the folder.
- Showing a folder shows all data in the folder.
- Similar to Map Overlays, a ‘visible’ folder can contain both shown and hidden items.
- You can have more control over showing and hiding items from the map if you organize them with folders. For more information, see: Managing Folders in iOS / Android
Show or Hide all Saved data with Map Packs enabled
Map Packs is a new version of the map menu. Map Packs is in beta, meaning that we are still collecting feedback on the design. If you have Map Packs enabled, the process for showing and hiding all Saved data is slightly different.
1. Tap the map layers icon in the bottom left corner
2. Scroll to the bottom of the drawer, titled Saved Items.
3. Saved item types that will show on the map are highlighted in gray. Saved item types that are hidden are not highlighted.
Common Questions and Troubleshooting
“Why are my waypoints not showing up anymore?”
“Why can’t I see my imported routes or tracks?”