You can search for trails, places, and POIs in the Gaia GPS app.
- Use the Discover tab to browse and search for known hikes around the world
- Search for trails or POIs on the main map by tapping the search icon: powered by OpenStreetMap.
Using the Discover Tab
- Tap the Discover tab to find Hikes and other routes. The page will automatically show popular hikes near your current location.
- Tap the filter button to narrow these results by length or difficulty.
Note: it is not possible to filter by 4x4 in the Android version of the app.
- Tap the Search Bar to "Find a Hike, Park, or Address"
- Tap the result you are looking for to see a details page for that area
- Scroll down the area page to find hikes in the area and select the hike you want; from here you can find details for the hike, read reviews, and view pictures. Tap the Download icon to save this hike to your account.
6. Tap the menu icon to view other options
Searching for a Place or Trail on the Main Map
- Tap the search icon in the top menu bar and start entering your search term.
- As the list populates, you can tap an item to go there.
- Icons to the left indicate whether it is a park, trail, peak, etc.