You can share your Tracks, Routes, Waypoints, Areas, and Folders via direct link, Facebook, or Twitter. You can also embed code into your website to show the map and stats.
- Share a link to an individual item or copy Embed Code from the sidebar
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, link, or copy Embed Code from the details page
- Share a Folder
- Share all of your recent public tracks & stats
Share a link to an individual item or copy Embed Code from the sidebar
1. Log into your account gaiagps.com and click Saved Items in the sidebar to open your list of Tracks, Routes, Waypoints, Areas, and Folders.
Note: Folders cannot be shared from the sidebar. Instead, share them from their details page. See below.
2. Click on an item in the sidebar or click on the item on the map.
3. This brings up a sidebar with details about the item. Scroll to the bottom of the sidebar details, click "Share" and then "Link" and a URL will be automatically copied to the clipboard. You can then paste the URL into an email, text, etc.
Note: If you share the URL of a private track, it will only be visible to individuals who have access to the link. To learn about making data public, you can read more here: Make your Tracks, Routes, Waypoints, and Folders Public/Private from gaiagps.com
4. If you choose "Embed" instead, you will be taken to a "Customize Embeddable Preview" page where you can adjust the preview map, then copy the code to paste wherever you want the map and stats to appear on your site.
Share via Facebook, Twitter, link, or copy Embed Code from the details page
To share via Facebook, Twitter, link, or copy Embed Code, click the "Open Details Page" in the Saved Item sidebar.
In the "Share This" section in the upper right, you can choose from 4 ways to share data:
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share a link. This is the same as Step 3 above.
- Copy the Embed Code to embed your data onto your website to show the map and stats. This is the same as Step 4 above.
Share a Folder
1. From gaiagps.com, click the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner of the page and click Folders.
2. In the table, click the Folder you want to share. This will take you to the details page.
3. Use the same "Share This" buttons as shown above for the details page.
Note: Folders can also be shared with others via email. People you share with will be able to view new tracks/routes/waypoints that you add and add their own data to the folder as well. Learn more about Shared Folders here.