This article will show you how to transfer your data from the Skipper App to Gaia GPS.
Export your tracks, routes, and waypoints from Skipper
- Open Skipper and tap to reveal the main menu
- Tap the type of saved data you want to export
- Tap the share icon at the top-right of the screen
- Tap “Export Tracks”
- The Skipper app will indicate it's preparing the files
- Select “Mail” from the send menu
- The email will include both GPX and KML files, which you may need to unzip on your computer depending on how much data you export.
Add the data to your Gaia GPS Account
Then, you can add the data to your gaiagps.com account in any of these three ways:
- Upload to gaiagps.com: https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/216160037-Upload-GPX-and-KML-Files
- Import into Gaia GPS for iOS: https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/215578638-Import-GPX-and-KML-files
- Import into Gaia GPS for Android: https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/215534548-Import-GPX-or-KML-Files-From-Your-SD-Card-Email-or-Dropbox
Download NOAA Marine Charts
Skipper doesn't support exporting downloaded charts or maps, but you can re-download using the Gaia GPS app.
- Add NOAA Marine Charts from the More Layers Menu and set them to visible
- Instructions for iOS - https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/216117167
- Instructions for Android -https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/216162167
- Download the Charts for Offline Use
- Instructions for iOS - https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/215477958
- Instructions for Android - https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/215534558