- First, search or pan the map area to find the area you want to download. Then tap on the layers button to choose the map type you'd like to download.
- Then choose the layer you would like to download from your list of map layers. Then tap "Download Maps".
- Next, drag your finger diagonally along the screen to choose the area you would like to download. Gaia GPS will only download the selected area of the currently visible map.
- Then, make sure to adjust your max zoom levels. Note: the more zoom you allow, the more detail you will be able to see of the downloaded map, but the amount of space the map will take up on your device also increases.
- Finally, choose a name for your saved map. This will help you find your map when it is stored under the list of saved maps on the Saved Screen.
You can check on the progress of your saved map download by pressing on the blue progress square on on your main map screen.
When you download additional maps, your existing map download regions will display as colored boxes. Red indicates a region containing the same layer you're currently downloading. Yellow indicates a region where you've downloaded a different map layer.