You can search for trails, places, and POIs in the Gaia GPS app.
- Use the Discover tab to browse and search for known hikes around the world
- Search for trails or POIs on the main map by tapping the search icon: powered by OpenStreetMap.
- Tap icons on the map to get detailed information, download maps for the area, and more.
Using the Discover Tab
- Tap the Discover tab to find Hikes and other routes. The page will automatically show popular hikes near your current location.
- Tap the filter button to narrow these results by activity, length, or difficulty.
Note: to find offroading or overlanding routes, simply filter Activity by 4X4
- Tap the Search Bar to "Find a Hike, Park, or Address"
- Tap the result you are looking for to see a details page for that area
- Scroll down the area page to find hikes in the area and select the hike you want; from here you can find details for the hike, read reviews, and view pictures.
- Tap the Download icon to save this hike to your account, and automatically download maps for the route. This can also be done from the previous page.
- Tap the menu icon to view other options
Searching for a Place or Trail on the Main Map
- Tap the search icon in the top menu bar and start entering your search term.
- You can filter the results using the buttons at the top of the list
- As the list populates, you can tap an item to go there.
- Icons to the left indicate whether it is a park, trail, peak, etc.- while places have no icon.
Tap items on the Map to get Detailed Information
You can tap on the map to get information about places, POIs or trails.
Tapping icons on the map work best with OpenStreetMap based map sources. Some of those include:
- Gaia Topo
- Mapbox Outdoors
- OpenCycleMap HD
- OpenLandscapeMap HD
- Tap a trail or point of interest to bring up a flag with the name of the item in question.
- Tap the Information icon to bring up a details page for that item.