Gaia GPS now includes National Geographic Trails Illustrated maps on iOS, Android, and gaiagps.com.
You can access this layer with a Gaia GPS Premium Membership.
Note: We are able to offer National Geographic maps from their Trails Illustrated series. Maps that are not in that series are not included.
National Geographic Trails Illustrated maps are the most trusted and highly-rated topographic maps available for America’s top outdoor destinations. They are produced and regularly updated in partnership with local land managers and experts.
Trails Illustrated maps include detailed topographic information, clearly marked trails, recreational points of interest, and navigational aids.
- 3/7/2018 - Bob Marshall Wilderness
- 3/25/2018 - John Muir Trail*
- 4/26/2018 - Appalachian Trail*
- 7/24/2018 - Colorado Trail*
* Separate layer from the main National Geographic layer
There are several maps that we plan to include, but aren't available yet:
- Boston, MA
- Big Bend, TX
- Canadian maps
Some areas we are unlikely to include later, either due to licensing issues or a lack of digital availability:
- Anywhere outside of US/Canada, as they are not part of the Trails Illustrated series
- Adirondack Mountains
- White Mountains