All of the top navigation features in Gaia GPS can be accessed directly from the main map. Making it easy to search for a location, display your current location, add data, or even change map sources.
To Zoom the map:
Method 1: Pinch
To zoom in: place two fingers close together on the map screen and slide them apart
To zoom out: place two fingers apart on the map screen, and slide them together
Method 2: Tap
Great for quickly zooming with one hand or with gloves on.
To zoom in: double tap the map with one finger
To zoom out: single tap the map with two fingers.
Method 3: Tap and Drag
To zoom in: Double tap the map and hold with one finger. Then slide towards the bottom of the screen
To zoom out: Double tap the map and hold with one finger. Then slide towards the top of the screen
Navigating the Tool Bar
- Search - accepts location names and coordinates
- Full Screen Mode / Map Display Options - tap to switch the main map into full screen mode. Or long press to toggle on/off the control bars, stats bar, compass, rotation lock, and lock screen
- Crosshairs - locates you on the map
- Create - record a track, create a waypoint or route, download a map, and more
- Layers - map sources list and overlays