Areas allow you to measure area and perimeters, download maps based on areas, and import areas from KML files. This article will show you how to create and measure an area and perimeter, download maps based on areas, convert tracks or routes into an area, and import areas from KML files.
Create and Measure an Area and Perimeter1. Zoom to the location you want to create an Area.
- View acreage and perimeter stats at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Layers icon to change the map source
5. When finished creating the area, tap Save. Here you can customize the title and color of the area if desired.
Download Maps Based on Areas1. See Download Maps for Track, Route, or Area in iOS
Convert Tracks or Routes to an Area1. Choose a Track or Route from your Saved list. You can define the perimeter of an area by creating a route on gaiagps.com or in the app.
2. Tap the edit icon next to the Track or Route name, then select "Convert to Area".
3. Confirm that you want to convert to an area. This action cannot be undone. If you do not want to change the original data or lose stats, you can duplicate the track / route and create an area with the copy.
4. After you create an area, the new data and associated stats can be found in the Areas Saved list.