This article will show you how to delete data from the app with a special note on deleting tracks with waypoints. When sync/back-up is activated in the Gaia GPS app settings, deleting data from the app will archive it on gaiagps.com.
If you accidentally delete something from the app, archived data can be recovered easily. Learn more about how to recover, archive, and unarchive data here.
Note: If you delete data from your device without first syncing, that data will NOT be archived on gaiagps.com and cannot be recovered.
Delete Saved items (Tracks, Waypoints, Routes, Areas, Folders)
You can delete data from the Saved Menu or by tapping on the item on the map to reach the item's details page.
1. Tap the 3 dots to the right of the item in the list.
2. Tap Delete.
1. Tap the More (three dots) button
2. Tap Delete
Deleting Tracks with Waypoints
When deleting a track, you will have the option to delete waypoints associated with the track
- Follow the steps above to delete a track
- You will then have the option to delete waypoints associated with tracks. Click "No" if you want to preserve your waypoints, and click "yes" if you'd like to delete them as well.
Restore or Permanently Delete Data from gaiagps.com
Note: Deleting data from gaiagps.com also deletes it from your devices, and cannot be recovered.
1. From a saved data list, click the "Show Archived" icon to reveal or hide archived data.
2. Restore data by toggling the sync from OFF to ON. You can also mass select data to sync by using the checkboxes on the left side of the data list, then clicking Toggle Sync.
3. Permanently delete data by selecting it, then clicking Delete at the top of the list.