This article will show you how to record a track from either the main map or from the Trips page and how to resume recording a track that was previously recorded. This will also show you how to stop recording a track. By recording a track along your journey, you can follow your progress on the map and view various statistics for your journey like distance, pace, moving time and ascent/descent.
From the Map:
Change one of the Stats boxes at the top of your map screen to show the Record button and tap it.
To finish recording, tap the track timer as seen above and then select "Finish Track". This will take you directly to the Track Details screen so you can view or edit your new Track.
From the Trip Screen:
1. Tap the Trip icon in the bottom control bar.
2. Tap Record.
The Record button will turn into a track timer.
From the Trip Screen, you can also re-name your track by tapping the auto-generated location and typing in a new name.
3. To Finish recording and have the app stop tracking your location, tap on the track timer.
4. Select "Finish Track" from the pop-up screen.
To resume a track that has been finished:
1. Find the track in the Saved menu
2. Tap the track to open its details page
3. Tap "Resume Recording"